Americans are still reeling from the historic crises of COVID and the economic devastation that followed. We know what we need to get our country back on track: Jobs and care.
We need to create good jobs for everyone who needs one. We need to make it safe enough to go back to school and get childcare for our kids. We need healthcare and housing to get and stay well. We need to invest in long-term recovery for the Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities that are hit the hardest by every crisis we’re facing. And we need to act now to protect ourselves and our communities from climate change.
WFP is coming together with grassroots groups and frontline workers across the country to demand Congress pass the THRIVE Act. THRIVE is a blueprint for the future that tackles the multiple crises we face – economic inequality, racism and climate change – with a plan to create 15 million dignified jobs for millions of workers and support a better life for millions more.
The THRIVE (Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy) Agenda presents a bold new vision to revive our economy while addressing the interlocking crises of climate change, racial injustice, public health, and economic inequity with a plan to create dignified jobs for millions of unemployed workers and support a better life for the millions more who remain vulnerable in this pivotal moment.
The THRIVE Agenda has 8 pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Read more at https://www.thriveagenda.com/.